We are glad to give notice that the call for abstracts for the workshop “Wittgenstein and Hegel on the Foundation of Logic” is now open. The conference will take place at the University of Vienna on September 11th-13th, 2023.
The event is organized by Alexander Berg (University of Zurich), Denis Kaidalov (Charles University), Daniel Kuran (University of Vienna), Jakub Mácha (Masaryk University), Bruna Picas (University of Barcelona).
The workshop “Wittgenstein and Hegel on the Foundations of Logic” invites submissions of abstracts for presentations exploring the intersection of the thought of Wittgenstein and Hegel concerning logic and its foundations.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
● The role of language and meaning in logic
● The relationship between logical form and content
● The nature of logical rules and principles
● The nature of logical truth and necessity
● The implications of Wittgenstein’s and Hegel’s views for logic
● The sources of Wittgenstein’s and Hegel’s conceptions of logic
● The relationship between logic and the world
● The relationship between logic and metaphysics
Abstracts should be no more than 300 words and should clearly state the focus and argument of the proposed paper. They should also indicate how the topic relates to Hegel and/or Wittgenstein.
Submissions should be sent by email to the conference organisers at
The deadline for submissions is June 15th, 2023.
Notification of acceptance will be sent by July 1st, 2023.
For further information, please visit the website of the workshop.Printable Version