We are glad to inform that a call for papers has been opened for the fourth volume of P.O.I. – Points of Interest (I/2019), which will be devoted to the topic: Hegel, the History, and Us.
The submission deadline for the abstract (about 2000 characters, spaces included) is February 15, 2019.
The deadline for submitting the paper (20.000 – 60.000 characters, spaces included) is April 30, 2019
Below, you can find the complete text of the call. For more information, please visit the website of the journal.
The theme is to be developed in accordance with the criteria and terms further indicated, by taking a cue from the following:
In the famous passage of the Philosophy of Right, Hegel indicated the most difficult and, for this reason, unavoidable task of philosophy: the understanding of one’s own historical time through thoughts. This statement confirms the nature of Hegelian philosophy as a reality-oriented thinking which, as Jean Hyppolite maintains, «appears as a heroic effort to reduce “vertical transcendence” to a “horizontal transcendence”». In the effort to shed light on this enormous legacy, the issue aims to raise some questions related to the problem of the current Zeitgeist: are there (and, if so, which?) Hegelian categories able to grasp the problems of our time? The proposed challenge is to measure the ‘dialectical thinker par excellence’ by comparison with the open fractures of the contemporary world, in order to verify the persistence or dissolution of his interpretative models. Hegel’s philosophy – and its related categories – are to be considered marginal, inadequate to explain our time or are they open to a rediscovery that might still find them fruitful?
A non-binding list of possible, and particularly appreciated, aspects of the issue can be found below:
- Contemporary perspectives of the Philosophy of Religion in dialogue with Hegel;
- The possibility of a contemporary Philosophy of History along the lines of Hegel’s model;
- The contemporary concept of work investigated through Hegel’s keys to understanding;
- The contemporary analyses of mediation and its function;
- The legacy of Hegel’s Philosophy of Nature;
- Perspectives opened by Hegelian logic;
- The problem of the Other and of Recognition.
For procedures and terms of submission, kindly note the following:
- All participants are required to send an abstract, which will undergo prior evaluation by the editorial board and will be selected on the basis of its relevance to the issue as stated in the CFP.
- The submission deadline for the abstract (about 2000 characters, spaces included) is February 15, 2019. The result of the assessment will be communicated to the authors after the expiry of the deadline.
- The submission deadline for the paper (20.000 – 60.000 characters, spaces included) is April 30, 2019.
- Papers must be unpublished and not be simultaneously submitted to other journal for evaluation.
- The languages accepted are: Italian, English, French, German, Spanish.
P.O.I. uses a system of double-blind peer-review.
All papers must contain: the name of the author, the title of the contribution, an abstract (max. 2000 characters spaces included) and 5 keywords, both in the language the article is written in and in English; they must also include the author’s e-mail address and a brief profile of his or her scientific activity.