We are glad to announce a call for reviews for the Studies in Social and Political Thought Journal. Here the text of the call:
The Studies in Social and Political Thought journal is now calling for book reviews for our upcoming special issue containing a series of papers from a ‘Pathologies of Recognition’ research group, headed by Arto Laitinen. We are looking for reviews that go beyond simply providing a summary of the contents of the books, and offer a critical perspective and make an original contribution to the contemporary debates on the theme of recognition.
We are particularly interested in the following books but we are open to suggestions:
– Jonas Jakobsen & Odin Lysaker, Recognition and Freedom Axel Honneth’s Political Thought (Brill, 2015).
– Heikki Ikäheimo, Anerkennung (De Gruyter, 2014).
– Arto Laitinen et al (eds.) Inwardness and orientation (SoPhi: Jyväskylä, 2014).
– Federica Gregoratto & Filippo Ranchio (eds.) Contesti del riconoscimento [Contexts of Recognition] (Mimesis, 2014).
– Heikki Ikäheimo & Arto Laitinen, Recognition and Social Ontology (Brill, 2011).
– Volker Heins, Beyond Friend and Foe (Brill, 2011).
– Jean-Philippe Deranty, Beyond Communication. A Critical Study of Axel Honneth’s Social Philosophy (Brill, 2009).
– Jean-Philippe Deranty, et al (eds.) Recognition, Work, Politics: New Directions in French Critical Theory (Brill, 2007).
If you are interested in submitting a review, please send us an email at email@example.com with the title of the book you want to review, a short bio containing your qualifications and current position, and we will inform you within a week as to whether your submission will be accepted. Please, bear in mind that we may not be able to provide you with review copies of the books.
Submissions should range from 2000 to 3000 words in length and written in the Harvard referencing style. The deadline is 15 March 2015. The book reviews section of Studies in Social and Political Thought has two editors, Valentinos Kontoyiannis and Joel Winder.
For additional information about the journal and the reviews section please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.