The British Society for the History of Philosophy invites scholars to submit symposium and individual paper proposals for its general conference. Symposia and individual papers are invited on any topic and any period of the history of philosophy.
Proposals for either symposia (3-4 thematically related presentations) or individual presentations (approximately 25-30 minutes) are welcome. Symposium submissions are especially encouraged.
Angie Hobbs (Sheffield)
Luc Foisneau (EHESS, Paris)
Dina Emundts (Konstanz)
Proposal Submission Deadline: 1 October 2016
Decision by: 1 December 2016
Submissions should be sent as an email attachment (in Word) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposals for symposia should include:
– Title of symposium
– Symposium summary statement (maximum 500 words)
– Titles and abstracts of papers (maximum 500 words for each paper)
– Address of each participant, including e-mail, phone, and institution
– Name and email of symposium organizer, who will serve as contact person
Proposals for papers should include:
– Name and address and email of the participant
– Title and abstract of the paper (maximum 500 words).
We are committed to accessibility. The conference will be held in the University’s new ‘Diamond building’, which is fully wheelchair accessible. We will also have childcare facilities in place. If you require childcare in order to attend the conference please contact email@example.com.
Dr Jeremy Dunham
Leverhulme Early Career Research Fellow, Philosophy University of Sheffield
Dr. Mogens Laerke
Chargé de recherches (CR1, HDR), CNRS IHRIM (UMR 5317), ENS de Lyon