We are pleased to announce the call for papers for the international conference “Self and (its) Realization(s)” to be held in Sapporo, Japan (Hokkaido University) on May 9-10, 2015.
Organizers: Andrea Altobrando, Takuya Niikawa.
Keynote speaker: Galen Strawson.
Inveted speakers: Saulius Geniusas, Michelle Montague, Shigeru Taguchi, Tomoyuki Yamada.
Here an excerpt from the CFP:
“[…] Next to the talks offered by our invited speakers, we welcome contributions from both other researchers and students aiming to tackle some of the aforementioned issues or other related problems:
– self-realization and social and natural environment;
– self-realization and existential feelings;
– self-realization and autonomy;
– self-realization and self-knowledge;
– self-realization and images of the self;
– self-realization and identity;
– self-realization and teleology.
All proposals will be evaluated through a blind-review process. Therefore, people aiming to present a contribution should prepare two separate documents, containing:
1) The title and abstract (maximum 600 words) of the presentation. The abstract should clearly state at least the following: the topic of the presentation, the manner in which the presentation contributes to this topic, as well as the general line of thought of the presentation.
2) A separate cover letter including the following information: your name, affiliation and contact information; the title of your presentation.
To submit a proposal, send it as email attachment to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Up to six contributions will be selected.
No travel nor accommodation grants can be offered to the selected speakers.
Please, ensure that the subject line of the email reads: Self-realizations_Proposal
– Deadline for submission: 31 January 2015.
– Decisions will be communicated by 15 February 2015.”
Please see this link for the full text of the CFP.