We are pleased to announce a call for papers (for graduate and undergraduate students) for conference on Unconditional Thinking, organized by the Department of Philosophy of the University of Ottawa. The conference will take place in Ottawa on April 11th 2015, at the 11th Annual De Philosophia conference.
Call for Papers
The University of Ottawa Graduate Philosophy Student Association (GPSA) invites submissions from undergraduate and graduate students for the conference on the topic of the contemporary importance of German Idealism. Though most of the great texts of the German Idealist movement were written over 200 years ago, these works have more than a purely historical interest. What is it about these writings that continues to fascinate, puzzle, and inspire us after all this time?
Possible subjects include (but are not limited to):
- nature-philosophy in German Idealism and afterwards
- German Idealism and nature
- contemporary critiques of German Idealism
- the influence of German Idealism on recent French philosophy (Deleuze, Badiou, Laruelle, Malabou)
- the rediscovery of German Idealism in analytical philosophy (Sellars, Brandom, McDowell, Priest)
- alternative approaches to the problems of German Idealism
Event language: English and French
Intended audience: Open to all
Room number: 509
Contact person: Josh Lalonde
Registration required: No
Cost to attend: Free of charge
For further information, please click on this link.