We are pleased to annouce a conference on Hegel’s Logic and Metaphiysics at the Department of Philosophy of the University of Warwick.
The conference will take place on 1 – 2 May, 2014 and is funded by The Leverhulme Trust.
The speakers will be:
- Karin de Boer (Leuven): “Hegel’s Concept of Identity in light of Wolff, Baumgarten and Kant”
- Paul Giladi (Sheffield): “Hegel without Metaphysics? Surely you can’t be serious”
- Susanne Herrmann-Sinai (Leipzig / Oxford): “The Concept’s Syllogism and our Action”
- Elisa Magrì (SNS Pisa): “Is Hegel’s Metaphysics a Philosophy of Embodiment?”
- Daniel Menchaca (Heidelberg): “Negation and Scepticism: their Relationship to each other and to Finitude”
- Sebastian Stein (Heidelberg): “Dynamic identity: What problem is Hegel’s Concept trying to solve?”
- Robert Stern (Sheffield): “On the Logic of Goodness: Understanding Hegel’s Perfectionism through his Logic”
- Lucia Ziglioli (Pavia): “‘The science of things grasped in thoughts’. Hegel’s Transformation of Metaphysics”
See the detailed conference programme here.
Anyone who is interested in attending should register with Richard Lambert (email@example.com).
You can find further information here.